Whether you work in an office setting, doing physical labor, or a myriad of other tasks, work injuries and accidents are always a threat. A work injury can strike at any moment, and when it does, you can fall victim to debilitating chronic or acute pain. Fortunately, there is help available for people who have suffered from a worker's injury. At Tacoma Chiropractic Center, we have provided Tacoma Residents with natural and effective work injury treatment for many years.
What Is a Workers Injury?
These can include injuries that happen suddenly or those that develop over time. Such injuries include:
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Dislocated bones
- Bone fractures
- Slip and fall injuries
- Auto accidents for transportation workers
- Carpal tunnel for office workers
- Tense muscles
- Overuse injures such as in the lower or upper back
- Shoulder injuries
The Dangers of Work Injuries
Unfortunately, many people might not be able to take time off work to recover from an injury. Even if you can, you might only be given a certain amount of sick hours to recover, leaving you vulnerable to coming back to work before you're fully healed. This can increase the chances of re-injury and lead to chronic pain. It's important to take the time to heal and fully recover before returning to work. It's also important to report your injury as soon as possible so you can get the time off you need.
Visiting a Chiropractor For Help
Although you might be able to recover from simple injuries, such as strains and sprains with minimal treatment, some more serious injuries might take years of recovery. To aid your recovery, a chiropractor can provide various chiropractic care techniques to promote the natural healing of your injury and improve your overall health.
Chiropractic treatments that can be used for work injury treatment include:
- Manual adjustments to restore the spine and improve balance, reduce tension, and improve posture
- Spinal decompression to alleviate pain caused by herniated discs
- Muscle stretches and exercises to improve muscle strength, mobility, and flexibility
- Trigger point therapy to target soft tissue injuries
- Electrical stimulation and sound wave therapy for soft tissue recovery
These are just some of the many chiropractic treatments that can help promote recovery, alleviate pain, and help you get back to your old self again.
Get Chiropractor Care at Tacoma Chiropractic Center
At Tacoma Chiropractic Center, we'll help you on your road to recovery from a worker's injury. Call us today to set up an appointment at (253) 759-1500.