Anyone who has suffered whiplash knows that this condition can be very painful and frustrating. Moreover, the side effects can be long-lasting and can interfere with both your personal and professional endeavors. That said, if you are seeking chiropractic care in Tacoma, the following is a closer look at the causes, signs, symptoms, and chiropractic treatment of whiplash by the Tacoma Chiropractic Center.
What is Whiplash?
Simply put, whiplash is a condition that occurs when a person's head and neck have been violently jerked back and forth. While it is most commonly caused by car accidents, the other potential causes include:
- Physical Abuse
- Contact Sports
- Cycling Accidents
- Horseback Riding
- Slip and Falls
- Blows to the Head Involving Heavy Objects
The Signs and Symptoms of Whiplash
If you have any of the following symptoms you should seek medical care as you may be suffering from whiplash.
- Neck Pain and Stiffness
- Constant Weariness
- Blurry Vision
- Headaches (Especially at the Base of the Skull)
- What are the symptoms? Whiplash injury causes neck pain and stiffness. Depending on the severity of the injury symptoms could also include headache, shoulder or upper back pain, dizziness, numbness or pins and needles in the shoulders or arms, loss of strength in the arms, fatigue, sleep disturbances, blurred vision, double vision, difficulty with concentration or memory loss. Whiplash Treatment in Tacoma
If you are suffering from whiplash, our experts can provide you with the following treatment options:
- Manipulation: The most common chiropractic whiplash treatment is spinal manipulation. This involves the gentle movement of the joint into the area in which it is being restricted.
- Ergonomic Lifestyle Changes: This treatment method involves giving advice and suggestions to help patients find the best way to minimize and eradicate the symptoms altogether. In particular, the chiropractor advises the patient on how to complete certain daily activities at home and the workplace, without adversely affecting their condition.
- Muscle Relaxation and Stimulation: This method of treatment involves gently stretching the affected muscles to relieve excessive tension and/or repeated contractions.
- Various Exercises: This method involves the use of various specialized exercises that are designed to reduce pain and address the nature of the condition.
Overall, for those seeking chiropractic care in Tacoma, WA, your friends at the Tacoma Chiropractic Center are here to help. Simply call us at (253) 214-7594 to find out more or to schedule an appointment with one of our experts to assess the nature of your condition. From there, one of our chiropractors will create a personalized plan to help you recover from your injury, regain full mobility, and resume your life as usual.